2016…2016…I think whenever we talk about 2016 it’ll be the year that we don’t want to talk about. If you look at 2016 as an overall year for the planet, it pretty much sucked. The memes alone for this year…
But since I’m a very optimistic and positive person, except in the morning, I wanted to focus on some good things I thought came out of 2016.
So this is going to be my 2016 in review, bullet point style.
I wanted to highlight some of my main highlights (lol) for the year.
These are my Likes + Loves for the whole year of 2016.
- I use instagram as my main inspiration hub. I follow so many different artists from various genres: photography, makeup, music, painting, etc. That’s not even including all the bloggers I follow.
- I really started posting/creating more content for my instagram. I decided that I didn’t want my feed to just be random cat photos. They’re still there but I’m actively posting more. I also started posting about my blogs (yes there are 2 if you didn’t know) with premade posts. I kind of stopped with my QOTW because I don’t always post often and I didn’t like how to many QOTW looked in a row. Once I get a better flow of things I’ll go back to posting them.
- I also have made it a point to only post picture that I’ve taken on my phone. This will stay until I get a smaller camera that has the ability to share pics to my phone and that I can take it everywhere. Hopefully that will be soon, I’m working on it.
- Melanie Martinez – Cry Baby | I don’t know why I’m so late on this artist and album. I remember when pity party came out! I guess I distracted with other music or life or some other crap that delayed my obsession for this album and artist.
- One Republic – Oh My My | My love for this band hasn’t changed since Stop and Stare came out. This album is second to Native only because I just love that one a little bit more.
- NF – Mansion & Therapy Session | Thank the Lord for tobyMac who brought NF to me! If you like rap/hip-hop with some Jesus thrown in there then you need to listen to at least Therapy Session.
- Nick Jones – Last Year Was Complicated | My favorite ‘jo bro’. The boy can do no wrong.
- Kiiara – Low Kii Savage | Kind of Lorde meets MØ. Very EDM pop.
- Adele – 25 | Finally after waiting 5 years we get this amazing album.
- Hailee Seinfeld – HAIZ | I wasnt sure if Hailee was going to be any good but she proved me wrong. Very pop and girly. You’re Such A is a fav of mine.
- Drake – Views | Gotta love some drizzy Drake.
- NEEDTOBREATHE – HARDLOVE | When I heard happiness for the first time and then realized its sung by a christian band I had to look into that. And of course they had just come out with a new album.
- The Weeknd – Starboy | I’ve had this album on repeat since the end of december.
- James Bay – Chaos and the Calm | I’m pretty sure I listened to this album for a month straight when it came out. But last year I listened to it every day, not joking.
- Halsey – BADLANDS | Little late on the Halsey train. She’s not a favorite but the album was pretty good.
- Of Monsters and Men – Beneath The Skin | I would love to go to Iceland just to see them play live.
- Disclosure – Caracal | I’m late listening to music sometimes. I’ll listen to a single and then forget to listen to the album. That was the exact case for this album. I loved Settle when it first came out but I flippin love Caracal more.
- MKTO – Bad Girls EP | I didn’t love the whole MKTO album when it originally came out. But I loved this EP and it made me re-listen to their album. The EP came out in 2015 but I was really obssessed in 2016 for some reason.
- The Cab – Lock Me Up | I’ve been wishing for a full album since Symphony Solider, but I guess I’ll have to wait. In the meantime I’ve been blasting their EP since early last year.
- The 1975 – The 1975 & I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It | Since I rediscovered the 1975 in late 2014 I’ve been obsessed. But since they came out with a new album last year I became even more obsessed with them. That album title though (haha).
- Ellie Goulding – Delirium | Probably my fav Ellie Goulding album.
- The Chainsmokers | My 2nd fav EDM duo after Disclousre. Can’t wait for a full album.
- tobyMac – This Is Not A Test | My favorite Christian artist right next to Kirk Franklin.
- Allen Stone – Allen Stone & Radius | I think spotify recommended Allen Stone to me so I ended up listening to the Radius album which cam out last year and I fell in love.
- Chance The Rapper – Coloring Book | I’m not the biggest rap fan but this had a nice rap, r&b, hip-hop mix to it that I did really like it.
- Conrad Sewell – All I Know | Thanks to Kygo I found this guy. He reminds me of James Bay & Allen Stone.
- Adam Lambert – The Original High | I wasn’t a big fan of Adam Lambert until he came out with Tresspassing. And had to wait 3 years for this one. It’s not my all time fav but it was really good.
- HAIM – Days Are Gone | I would love if the came out with a new album!! I’ve been listening to this one since late 2014, it came out in 2013 (come on!).
- ROZES | Thanks to The Chainsmokers I found this one. Her EP came out last year and I can’t wait for a full album.
- Tim Bowman Jr. | Soulful Gospel with a pop/hip-hop twist.
- Jess Glynne – I Cry When I Laugh | I’ve had this album on repeat since it came out in 2015. Jess Glynne is one of my all time favs.
- G-Eazy – | I don’t listen to rap often but this was a pretty decent album. A good amount of songs are favs now.
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – This Unruly Mess I Made | The Heist is still my favorite but this is a good sophomore album.
- X Ambassadors – VHS | If you love Imagine Dragons like I do you’ll love this band too.(did that rhyme?)
- Ariana Grande – Dangerous Woman | Not a big fan of Ariana but I did like this album.
- Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface | I’ve been bossed since I first heard holding onto you. Spotify put me in the top 1% fan. I listen to them that much.
These aren’t just albums or artists that released last year but ones that I also discovered last year. Or ones that came out in 2015 and I listened to death in 2016. I feel like I’m missing a bunch (I know) but these were the ones that really stood out, and I wanted to let you guys know about.
Top 5 albums: Cry Baby, Oh My My, Caracal, Chaos and the Calm, I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It
Top 5 songs: Ugh! – The 1975, Omen – Disclosure ft. Sam Smith, Feels – Kiiara, Middle – DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine, Sippy Cup – Melanie Martinez
- Star Trek: Beyond (love)
- The Magnificent 7 (love)
- Deadpool (really like)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (love)
- Doctor Strange (really like)
- Captain America: Civil War (love)
- Nerve (like)
- London Has Fallen (love)
- Jason Bourne (okay)
- Finding Dory (looove)
- Secret Life of Pets (like)
- Ghostbusters (love)
- Suicide Squad (okay)
- The Shallows (like)
- Alice Through the Looking Glass (love)
- Legend of Tarzan (like)
- Zootopia (like)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (love)
- Assassins Creed (love)
- Independence Day: Resurgence (like)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (okay)
- Batman V. Superman (hated it)
- Now You See Me 2 (like)
- The Divergent Series: Allegiant (ugh)
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (really like)
- Warcraft (hated it)
- Kung Fu Panda 3 (cute)
- Sausage Party (whoa no)
- Mechanic: Resurrection (ugh)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (hated it)
- The Huntsman: Winters War (okay)
- Gods of Egypt (okay)
- Central Intelligence (okay)
- The 5th Wave (hated it)
- Underworld: Blood Wars (like)
- Batman: The Killing Joke (okay)
- The Boss (okay)
- Kevin Hart: What Now? (funny)
- Barber Shop: The Next Cut (ugh)
Top 5 movies for 2016: Captain America: Civil War, Star Trek: Beyond, London Has Fallen, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Ghostbusters
- Once Upon A Time
- (new) The Musketeers
- The Librarians
- (new) The Good Place
- Pretty Little Liars
- (new) Shadowhunters
- (new) DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
- (new) Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders
- CSI: Cyber
- Bob’s Burgers
- Teen Wolf
- (tv mini series) The Night Manager
#1 Tv Show: The Good Place – It is sooooo funny!!
- Marvels’ Daredevil
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
- Dark Matter (syfy)
- Stranger Things
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
#1 Netflix Original: Stranger Things
- The Apothecary was the only new book that I read. Ugh!! That makes my skin crawl.
- Okay this is really sad because I barely did any reading in 2016. New books at least. I was never really in the right head space to read a book. No matter how much I love reading. So I’ve been reading a lot of kindle/ebooks (nothing new) and fan fiction (oh lord). But 2017 is a new year and I have plans!
- I didn’t do a ton of shopping last year but I bought some staple items that I love to wear all the time now. So these were the main places I shopped at last year.
- Forever 21
- New York & Company
- 1face watch | I bought the black watch as a late gift to myself for my bday. They’re very sleek and simple, I hate when I don’t wear my watch. I’ve wanted to buy one of these watches since I discovered the company on instagram. I plan on getting at least 5 more. I would love to have the whole range. It’s such a great cause and their not stupidly expensive. Just go check out the website.
- I posted 55 blog posts last year. They were mainly QOTW but I did get back into writing and committing to this blog so that’s a good thing.
- I discovered this amazing site called canva where you can create blog graphics. it’s also where I create the graphics for my instagram blog posts and my covers to twitter.
- I also started using this phone app called photofy. It’s what I use to make all my collages and ‘doodle’edits. It has some really cool features that I plan on using for instagram posts.
- I think the best thing that happened for me in 2016 was that I started my new job. I’ve been an engagement specialist at the Van Buren Shelter (family side), which is with the YMCA, since October and I love it! Like every job there are days when I just want to go back to bed but they’re not too often. I get to work with a pretty cool and fun group of people. And we get to help families going through homelessness. I work 2nd shift which is 4-12:30. It fits really well since I used to be up till about 2 anyway. I’m still working on sleeping in and days when I have to actually get up earlier.
- I also turned 21 las year. I can’t believe I’ll be 22…where has the time gone.
- Mom got a kitten, her name is Patches, I simply call her P or P-dizzle or the menace to society (depends on the day). She is 9 months now, she was 5 months when we went to pick her up. And she’s nuts but I love her (most of the time)! Check out my instagram if you want to see some pics. Also if you want to see my baby Ava, who will be 4 this year (whoa).
- Oh and new tattoos. That post will be up soon. Read part 1 & 2 while you wait.
And that’s all from my 2016.
If you guys ever have any questions don’t forget to comment below or tweet me @ittssaa. Also let me know a few of your likes and loves. How was 2016 for you?? I’d love to know.
It’s 2017!! Let’s make it a good year people.
Stay safe out there.